Workforce Development Specialist Needed!
- Honesdale, PA 18431
- Salary: $16.00 /hour
Great Benefits, Competitive Pay & Reasonable Hours
Come join our team of professionals at Wayne Pike Workforce Alliance! We offer great benefits, competitive pay and reasonable hours.
Wayne Pike Workforce Alliance is a nonprofit organization that prides itself in taking great care of clients and employees alike. Our primary goals are to strengthen workforce quality, develop career opportunities and foster a culture of lifelong learning.
The Workforce Development Specialist will work directly with job seekers, employers, educational facilities, and human resources agencies to assist with employment and training related activities in a PA CareerLink setting and provide quality workforce delivery services as a partner within the Pocono Counties Workforce Development Area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide individual career counseling and support to clients as needed;
- Work with clients to develop individual training plans based on assessment of client needs;
- Collaborate on client recruitment and orientation efforts to inform potential participants of program benefits and responsibilities;
- Understand and track the labor market to inform and guide the workforce team and career center for effective outcomes for customers;
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of workforce development programs, services, techniques, and performance;
- Familiarization with WIOA is preferred;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong case management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision;
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality, credibility, and professionalism;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible, varying hours, including evenings and weekends as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, OR four years of coordinating workforce development, adult education and training, or related work experience, OR a combination of education and experience;
- Driver's License in good standing
Why Should You Apply?
- This is a Full Time Position with great benefits and competitive pay.
- Reasonable hours for a great work-life balance.
Workforce Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.